Yes! I am 22 now. A month ago I celebrated my 22nd birthday and the feeling of getting 22 is somehow reminding me of a Taylor’s song.
Looking back at 22 years of my life I must say I really overcome through alot of things. They say “With age comes wisdom” therefore, I am here to share you my wisdom on what I’ve learned till date:-
- Your birth is worth– You are worth it. Your presence is worth it. Firstly, never ever question on self-existence. If you approve yourself no one can disapprove you.
- You are definitely not getting married with kids at 24– Everyone once a while during their primary schools must have been pre-plan their future with marriage at 22, kids at 24, however at 20 we re-plan our future again. Yet might not be true in all the cases but that is rare.
- Life is a journey, not a race– Life is not a competition where one compete over another however it is a journey which makes our life beautiful. You don’t have to chase for great marks, great looks instead seek happiness in whatever you are have. You will eventually grow with time and you will realise all the materialisltic things comes with a validity.
- Don’t cry over relationships – Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. Sometimes you have to let go for better for God has a greater plan than yours.
- Relationships matter– Now you must be thinking what the hell I am talking about! I just put on a a big fat lecture on don’t settle for relationships and now I am telling you that it does matter. Before you freak out, I want to tell you why & when does it matter- it matters when a relationship is your strength, it matters when it teaches you how to love and be loved.
- I have learned to harness patience– I am very impatient to whatever it is but I have come to realised as we grow, the habit start to inbuild from within. You tend to learn that it requires a lot of patience to deal with things and peeople. Having a patience mindset is very important to conquer anything you want.
- Treat your parents better– As we are growing, defintely our parents are ageing too and watching your parents geting older is one of the hardest thing and it won’t get easier. Remember they had sacrificed many times over many things just to share a part of their lives for our happiness so as they grow older, spend more time with them and pamper them the way they pampered you.
- Don’t let Social Media affect you– Social Media is great for connecting or even earning but always remember the life you see out there is a reel life. Never compare yourself with what you see on-screen, no one is going to highlight their low lives because why? no ones like to reminisence their bad times.
- Appreciate people who stick by you– By now, you must have encounter thounsands of friends counting from nursery to university. However how many really you are in contact with? It’s good to apprecaiate your friends and remind them that you will always be there.
- Talk to people more often/ Discuss more– Thesedays people are getting introvert in real life and becoming extrovert in reel life. They are more open to share and discuss online rather than talking or solving the matter face to face. But things get less complicate if everything get so simple like it was back then, before technology were evolving precisely before the era of social media. Isn’t it? when you don’t have a phone and you have to talk with each other.
Before we come to an end I just want to say that I can’t forsee my future nor yours however one thing I am forever sure is that without a shadow of doubt you will walk through this beautiful life surrounded with abundance of love.
Let me know what have you learn so far?
With the begin of New Year, I wanted to send you some blogging inspo and this might just add on your resolution list for 2019. Not long ago, I absolutely had no clue about blogging. I was looking for some creative outlet to fuel my brain power, but absolutely had no idea where and how to begin. It would have been so nice to have someone alongside to come and say here it is! This is how it works! So I decided to post this piece if you are like me at some point.
Before I move on how to start a blog, I would like to share you on how I started my blog…..
Initial Stage (Wix)
I started my first blog in the summer of 2017 between June-July. I remember browsing over some articles and happen to come across an ad from WIX which shows how to create a website in 4 steps (get started)and it really intrigues me on how can someone create a website in just 4 simple steps, as to what I heard you need to have a good programming knowledge to create a website which I don’t have as I was not from an IT background and neither am a programing-friendly but the curiosity within me click through and Thank God there wasn’t anything require to be coded or program (geez!) so that’s how it interest me. Well now that the site is done with the readymade template, I was like ‘Oh! so that’s how it is and I left.
Intermediate Stage (Blogger)
Instagram introduce me to the world of blogging. I was socially active person but only on Facebook until I discover blogging, now Instagram became my socially active medium. I was curious when I see people posting about their looks. It kept me wondering, Why would they detail their outfit? Why do they mention the brand they wore? All such questions linger in my head where I had no answer neither did I took the initiative to Google. I am very fond of writing though I know how poor my writing is, I wrote my first blog on Blogger, it was on teenagers & relationships which I somehow forgot what I wrote about(I don’t even remember the ID name). I’d show to some of my friends calling it as an article as I didn’t knew the specific name’ BLOG’ back then. My friends appreciated the story and thought it was too short and I could improve more, so I wrote again another article on Indian poverty (Lol! I know now this sounds crazy). I didn’t stick to any particular niche as my main motive was to share my thoughts….
Final Stage (WordPress)
Later, I attended one seminar on Blogging and that was an eye opening moment for me. I now know that we can even earn by blogging and it has proved to be a source of income for many. There is so much potential in blogging, it act as a medium to connect one person’s thought to another and sharing of knowledge. I started doing more research on this whole fancy thing call ‘blogging’ then bought a domain from my pocket money, hosted on a free site (now I have hosted on a premium site), started my own website with the help of one of my friend Jadav it was never looking back ever since. Though I am not an avid contributor, it is something I do which makes me happy.
Now Let’s Begin with how to set up your own blog. Well! There are mammoths of information on the web on the same, so I am not going to go in details but I will simply highlight the basic needed things
How to set up your own blog?
Find Your Niche– Choosing a niche may be daunting; go through your options logically on considering your content. This is very important for you to understand what you want to blog about. Before starting a blog you need a specific direction in order to get on the ground. A successful blog is never uncluttered.
- Specific Direction– You must be clear whether your motive is to inspire, teach, entertain or a call to action.
- Your Interest– What interest you the most? List down things you like the most and note down category you can perform better. Suppose, you love gaming and travel at the same time but you are indecisive which one to choose. Take a note of points where you feel you have a lot more to talk about, the one with greatest number of counts win. It signifies your interest on that particular category.
I chose a lifestyle blog so I can write a variety of elements related to my day to day life. The motive was to share a story in the form of a blog and motivate others (hope you are getting inspire reading this blog).
2) Choose a domain name– Once you know what you are going to talk about, you can get yourself a domain from GoDaddy.com or any available site. Your URL should be relevant to with the title of your blog, it makes people easy to find you on search engine (my domain name is www.thatkhasigirl.com).
3) Host your website– In simple term hosting means a home (space) for your website on internet and domain is the address of your home. There are many host providers such as HostGator, Bluehost and hundreds of others. All have pros and cons so make sure you research beforehand.
4) Choose a blogging platform– I would personally recommend using WordPress as it is a powerful blogging platform with all the conveniences it offer. You can easily expand to add new features using WordPress plugins, it offers you with thousands of free and premium themes. Lastly you own and take control on what information you share with any third party. You can also design your own website if you know how to code.
5) Start Publishing– Now you are ready to start posting! You are ready to start a new chapter of your life with the online world.
If you have reached here, Thank you for your patience and you can always reach out to me with your queries related to blogging or anything at [email protected] or subscribe to my newsletter.
Was this blog helpful? If yes, share it with others who might need this as well.
Instagram is now a career to many and especially for me. I started out as a blogger been more than a year and it has changed alot ever since with Instagram algorithm on pace too. When I step my feet to the world of Blogging, everything was clean, new and to be honest it wasn’t that popular like it is now especially from the place I belong to. But it feels good to see now that people start acknowledging bloggers and influencers as the number start growing and that we don’t have to explain much on what we do or stress on that part.
And with the growing percentage of the community many controversies arise too on having fake followers and people buying followers to get on top and I have been silent on most of the part but I feel it is high time for our real followers to know on what’s happening behind the on-screen, hoping to have a positive change and create a positive impact on the industry we love.
It take years and years to build a strong base and to build a genuine audience on our social channels. If you have people following you for your great content and the influence you make, you should respect them and I honestly like to maintain transparency between me & my followers. And also if I am following someone I want to make sure I follow the right person who would influence me, motivates me and that I can look up to when I’m low. It takes a lot of hardwork & dedication to create a strong base and NO it doesn’t come out in a week or month, it is the continous effort of years & years. And with the growing percentage to high their visibility and increasingly demand by brands thesedays some of the influencers and bloggers use automated tool of AI bots to get on top and no doubt want to scale up the industry with the dirty games.
This is a serious issue if you are a brand and looking to work with influencers. Most of the brands are unaware of the fact, endorse them and not able to achieve the output they were looking for and end up thinking that influencer’s marketing isn’t working and not worth investing on them. This could create a serious impact for brands as well as influencer’s with real followers. However if you manage to hand-picked the right influencers for your campaign it could flourish with tremendous results. But an experienced marketer have the knowledge of influencer’s marketing and therfore before picking up the right person, many filtration is done in choosing the right one.
Now if you doubt someone you follow has high number of following or if you are a brand and want to sponser the right person then try using these mehtods to spot their followers-:
1) High follower count/low engagement rate– If you see any account with higher number of follwers but less engagement rate( likes, comments and engaging of real audience) you can easily make out that the account is using AI (Artificial Intelligence) bots and these AI bots are usually made to sale bulk followers or likes.
2) More Following– If you spot an account with lots of following but less content and fake profiles then those are generally fake accounts which are created to bring followers to their real accounts. Those accounts are usually private or contain no content at all. It is disgrace to say this but I have witnessed even some of the renown digital marketing companies uses this to manipulate their clients.
3)Spam Comments– If the comments are irrelevant to the post and gibberish then it’s likely to be spam, those are from fake followers who wants to earn credit on every comment on their application to actually grow their followers or increase likes in their real accounts using fake accounts. But if the comments are coming from real profiles, people who actually take part and engaging on other posts then those are genuine.
There are also tools such as Fake Follower, IGExorcist which helps you identify fake or ghost followers.
There are many parameters which measures the fake followers but these are few of the points from my personal experience in case I haven’t miss a thing and jotted down everything.
I would love to know how you spot on fake followers. Drop down the comment below.